driveshaft replaced brake problem appeared

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tazman3
My Cars:

driveshaft replaced brake problem appeared

Post by tazman3 »

just replaced the n/s driveshaft after it being knackered! but now i seem to have a prob with the brakes on that side..there ok at low speed but if braking from speed the seem to chatter and dont feel as if they are gripping. could i have a warped disc from the dodgy cv joint being on that side for a while? or is it something else unrelated to the driveshaft change...all help appreciated cheers..[:)]
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Firstly, make sure the nut on the end of the drive shaft is properly tightened. Secondly, what else did you do to replace the drive shaft? - most sudden faults are due to your most recent activity on the car. Check that everthing you loosen or took off is properly back in place again, is working as it should and is tightened as it should be.
//NiSk
tazman3
My Cars:

Post by tazman3 »

i only replaced the driveshaft nothing else. i will check the hub nut etc. the car drives faultless apart from braking at speed cheers.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

yes, but what did you have to release to get the drive shaft out?
//NiSk
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Last thing to do on such works - before wheel is re-fitted - is to clean off the brakedisc. You have to be nitty with this. Any greasy fingerprints - and the brakes feels like a warped disc.