keypad

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rowsid

keypad

Post by rowsid »

Hi,can any body help me? I have a 1997 406 tdi,i lost my key but found it after 4 days in the shingle on my drive,now it will not transmit to the c/locking etc.I have the drop down keypad and this is the problem,no one knows the 4 digit code to enable me to start the car untill i can get a new key,
Rowsid
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Ahh - it would appear that you are bugered till you can get to a dealer then.
I believe there is a way to bypass the keypad immobilser on the Citroens but Im afraid I do not know it myself - it is possible to disable the immobilser once switched of using the kypad to prevent it activating again, but at the moment I fear your best bet is a locksmith (who is able to decode digital locking keys) or dealer.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
First thing is NEVER buy a Peugeot / Citroen keypad equipped car WITHOUT knowing the 4 digit code!
If its set to auto unlock like yours is & you lose the key, key get damaged, the cars battery goes flat or gets disconnected, You find yourself in the situation you are now in & stuck with an immobilised car unless you have the code.
You only get 3 goes at the code before the keypad locks you out for 30 minutes, Try the factory set default code of 1 1 1 1 in case the previous owner never bothered changing it first, If that doesn't work DONT keep trying entering codes because after so many wrong codes the keypad & engine ECU will have a major sulk & you will end up with a very LARGE repair bill!
You will have to find either a Peugeot / Citroen dealer, Auto locksmith with the correct software, A Peugeot / Citroen technician you can bribe with beer tokens or try one of these people who can extract the code from the keypad for under £30
http://www.codeman.org/keypadsD.htm
http://www.unimark.freeserve.co.uk/index.htm
There is a fairly easy way of bypassing the keypad but its not for a public forum im afraid!
rowsid

Post by rowsid »

Hi, its Rowsid again,i got the key pad read by codeman but after i have received it,i put in the code and it still will not work,red lt on put in code red/green lts come on,powerlee,you say there is a way to get round the immobiliser any chance you could send me info on e mail,tony@rowsid.freeserve.co.uk,i am now desperate and looking at replacing the ecu with one that does away with the imobiliser,over £300 im told,