Bad Luck

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Deezel
My Cars:

Bad Luck

Post by Deezel »

Hi after some idiot ran into my perfect unmarked 98 xantia 2.1 TD [:(] and wrecked all the o/s/f front suspension,o/s/f wing and both o/s doors I'm wondering how the newer hdi diesel engines perform ? are they about same 110 bhp as the 2.1? I'm just waiting for them to sort the insurance out so if they write it off , i think they will :( so I'm thinking of getting another xantia diesel, I dont want to buy a 1.9 though cos I had one before and the 2.1 is much better engine, any comments appreciated, cheers, John PS I'd just put a new bloody cat on it the week before !!! [V]
2ndtonunn
My Cars:

Post by 2ndtonunn »

Are you going to 'buy back' the writ off?
2ndtonunn
My Cars:

Post by 2ndtonunn »

OOps 'write'
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Buy it back and get repairs done at "cheaper" garages, or do the work yourself. It is the best option in my opinion, as you get your car back, get paid, and usually after repairs have some change for the inconvenience. The alternative is to tell them you prefer to have it repaired than written off. As for the *actual* question in hand, I havent got a clue!
rbruce1314
My Cars:

Post by rbruce1314 »

The way to get the best deal is to invoke the small print. Your insurance company cannot just offer you cash and hope you will accept it. By law their contract is to replace your vehicle with an <b>identical</b> one: same age, same colour, same mileage, same history, same dings in the same places etc.etc. If they offer you a bad deal just insist on an identical replacement- they soon come round to your way of thinking [:D][:D] (just imagine them finding a 2.1 identical to yours [;)]).
Deezel
My Cars:

Post by Deezel »

Yeah that might apply if I was fully comp but i'm only insured TPFT so i'm still waiting for other owners Insurance to check the damage on mine, I was lucky to have legal pretection with my insurance to cos I see from the letter from the solicitor that's seeing to it for me that their fees are 141 pound an hour !!!! thanx for comments anyway, regards John :)