Speed cameras - Useful website.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Speed cameras - Useful website.

Post by Richard Gallagher »

With the new freedom of information act, the public are allowed access to speed camera offences registered within the last 12 months.
Everytime your car goes over the speed limit it is registered on the database. However, you are only sent a ticket if you are way over the limit OR you have notched up over 20 'near misses'.
The good news is that you can now check to see if your car is affected, click on www.e-database.co.uk it will ask you for a password but you just click on "Need a login" and you will be given a temporary one. On the top right corner there is a "Click on window" which even shows the latest picture taken by a camera.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

must admit i was slightly confused at how i might have got a ticket in Cmabridge last thursday when the car has been without an engine for over a month, though i'm slightly worried about the picture now! God knows what i'll do, i suspect i better just wait and see!
rbruce1314
My Cars:

Post by rbruce1314 »

Is this some sort of spoof site? I have checked my reg and apparently was caught on camera doing 81.2 in a 70 zone in Thornaby on the A619 on 14th July. I have not been north of Birmingham this year!!!
DervDonkey
My Cars:

Post by DervDonkey »

Personally, I smell a rat. That site is registered to someone called "Snooty Fox Leisure". Doesn't make any kind of sense to my suspicious mind...
I tried the site, entering the registration number of the first car that passed my window, and got a page saying "Service Unavailable". Again, my suspicions lit up - another scam/spyware site targeting IE users, maybe? (I use Opera, which might have thrown a monkey wrench in their carefully crafted machine)
If the site happens to be genuine, why require a logon at all if they provide one with a single click of a mouse? It just doesn't add up!
lighteninguk

Post by lighteninguk »

of course its a joke, see the picture it supplys when you click "view image", also on the source code of the front page at the top it says
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
<!--This is a fake program that is not intended to harm anyone (c) Paul Suggitt 2003-->
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
plus as mentioned before its registered to a "Snooty Fox Leisure" and to a house in hartlepool
rbruce1314
My Cars:

Post by rbruce1314 »

So is Richard in league with the Snooty Fox? [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

haven't tried it but sounds like the one that did the rounds at work the other day - thanks for reminding me - I'll send her the link!
Jeremy
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Tee Hee [:D][:D][:D][:D]
My mate in NZ sent it to me, it had me going.
I even admit to going outside to check my index plate, what a plonker, doh!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh, just great... Loved it!!!
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

LOL thats funny although it would be better if it came up with different offences for different cars. I checked my old, old Dyane that has been off the road for years and it has clocked up an offence in Cleveland at 81 MPH- I was lucky to ever get 65 out of that car! The second Dyane was rater faster than that though and did over 80 without fail when taken to the motorway, and yes I got my only ever 3 points from that car.
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

Several people at work have fallen for this, myself included - excellent!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I love the pic. excellent likeness of me!! lmho
madasafish

Post by madasafish »

Not a likeness of me at all.. I have less hair:-)