Engine mount - 2.0 Hdi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rostami
My Cars:

Engine mount - 2.0 Hdi

Post by Rostami »

Hi to all,
It seems to me that the RH lower engine mount on my xantia has packed up. I hear a "clonk" noise everytime the engine de-accelerates. When I turn the engine of, the noise is also there.
I looked at the engine mount and the rubber has cracked. Now to me it looks like it´s a pig of a job to change the mount. Please tell me that I´m mistaken. PLEASE! Do I have to dismantle half of the car?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

If its the big round rubber bush type in a metal sleeve I managed to do it on my BX TD in situ . I hacksawed through the outer ring and punched out the old bush. To assist fitting the new one I left it in the deep freeze overnight (half expecting it to be served up with beans for breakfast) and was able to fit it without much trouble.
The purpose of freezing is to contract the outer ring slightly and make it easier to fit into the alloy sleeve. You need to be prepared and work fairly quickly to get the bush in before it warms and you loose the advantage.
I've never looked under a HD and so don't know if its the same part or in there is sufficient room to wield a hacksaw. On the BX it was not very difficult and next time it will be quite quick.
Jeremy