stop light and eng temp flickering

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tazman3
My Cars:

stop light and eng temp flickering

Post by tazman3 »

both the stop and eng temp lights flickering whilst driving and when car idling any ideas please. also two big fans come on when car parked up with keys out of ignition cheers
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

Is this the bitron sensor playing up? It may think the engine is hotter than it is (no resistance from sensor) and so puts the stop light on and runs the fans.
Do you have air con mate?
tazman3
My Cars:

Post by tazman3 »

yes i have aircon but it not working at the minute i put on the switch the light comes on but no change in revs or anything or cold air....just bought car so i not had a chance to look at the aircon. this bitron sensor where is it and is it easy to change? thanks
Gaskin
My Cars:

Post by Gaskin »

I had the same problem on my Xantia. After searching this forum and finding much useful info, I checked the brown temp sensor in front of the fuel filter housing. If you remove the connector with the ignition on both fans should run at max speed. Check the resistance of the sensor, it should vary with temp. Just unplugging and plugging the brown connector seemed to solve the problem for me. So before worrying about the Bitron, check for dodgy connections.
Cheers
Duncan
tazman3
My Cars:

Post by tazman3 »

thanks gaskin i will have a look at this today. cheers
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

acataldo

Post by acataldo »

I own a 406 HDI. My STOP light flickers and also it flashes up "ENGINE TEMP TOO HIGH" on LCD display. This occurs at any engine temperature but only when the AIRCON is on. Recently had it re-gassed and is working OK (switch on and engine speed reacts to AC compressor clutch). I don't have any issues with the engine fans. Any ideas?