oil near injectors on HDi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

406 V6
My Cars:

oil near injectors on HDi

Post by 406 V6 »

Hi guys!
Once more i come to the forum for advice:
I've been noticing that the HDi makes some small potholes of oil (so it seems, haven't smelled it yet) on the surroundings of the injectors, but mostly on closest to the gearbox (this injector is also oily).
Could it be valve cover related? The guarantee ends at the end of the month [:(]
Thank you so much.
Good night to all
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

I would guess if it is oil then it has migrated from the oil filler cap from an overspill during a oil topup or change.
If it is fuel then the injection unions (fuel inlet to injector) may have become loose however there was a strong smell of diesel when this happened to my car.
Not necessarily to you Francisco, please be VERY careful around the injectors if you are going to tweak it make sure it's in the correct direction. I don't want anyone to have a nasty accident with high pressure fuel.[:D]
Regards
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

I've lifted the cover and dipped my fingers on the liquid (hot hot hot!!!): it's oil, not diesel fuel; and full of sooth too!
Standing in front of it, i order the injectors this way: 1st next to cambelt, 4th next to gearbox.
So, injectors 2 and 4 are the ones that are more filthy, with the rocker area near nr. 2 showing signs of oil spillage (but not from the filler hole), and near nr.4 (under the vaccum pump?) the small oil concentration.
I'll call Citroën tomorrow...
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think you'll find that Peugeot number cylinders FROM the flywheel - so the one nearest the cambelt is no 4 and the one in the middle of the car is 1.
Most British cars were numbered front to back as it were with 4 at the flywheel end but I think Jaguar and a few others did it the other way.
jeremy