rising problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

j pulford
My Cars:

rising problem

Post by j pulford »

I have just bought a Xantia 1.8 16v R reg. I have just discovered it will not rise to the intermediate height, when I put the height control lever inside the car on the intermediate setting, the car goes straight from the driving height to the highest height. I hope somebody can help. Thank you in advance
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Don't worry, they all do that.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stempy</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It can be adjusted however. This is a common problem on many models of Citroen, basically the adjustment of the manual height override linkage that affects the intermediate ride height setting is extremely fiddly, and not terribly well designed, and possibly also not adjusted very carefully at the factory either...
Slightly too far one way and it wont lift above normal at all, slightly too far the other way and it will tend to go nearly all the way up...wear in the manual height control linkage can throw out the adjustment, as can removal and refitting of the height corrector without getting it back in EXACTLY the same place. (The mounting bracket allows some play in the position before the bolts are tightened)
If you don't need to use that setting personally I wouldn't worry about it, as I've never found much use for it in real life, if you're really keen and have plenty of time and patience and a good set of ramps or a hoist or a pit, it is adjustable...
Regards,
Simon
j pulford
My Cars:

Post by j pulford »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mandrake</i>

[quote]<i>Originally posted by Stempy</i>

It can be adjusted however. This is a common problem on many models of Citroen, basically the adjustment of the manual height override linkage that affects the intermediate ride height setting is extremely fiddly, and not terribly well designed, and possibly also not adjusted very carefully at the factory either...
Slightly too far one way and it wont lift above normal at all, slightly too far the other way and it will tend to go nearly all the way up...wear in the manual height control linkage can throw out the adjustment, as can removal and refitting of the height corrector without getting it back in EXACTLY the same place. (The mounting bracket allows some play in the position before the bolts are tightened)
If you don't need to use that setting personally I wouldn't worry about it, as I've never found much use for it in real life, if you're really keen and have plenty of time and patience and a good set of ramps or a hoist or a pit, it is adjustable...
Regards,
Simon
Hi
simon, very usefull information, have just adjusted it and it is working fine now.
thanks very much.
julian
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by j pulford</i>
Hi
simon, very usefull information, have just adjusted it and it is working fine now.
thanks very much.
julian
So what method did you use to adjust it in the finish ?
Regards,
Simon