C5 battery

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

brianr.uk

C5 battery

Post by brianr.uk »

tommorow i collect a used C5 2.0hdi 02 reg (in debt again).i have a brand new battery of the correct type (been on the xantia 4 weeks)and i wondered if there is anything i need to know before disconnecting the car battery.will the electronics throw a fit or is it just a straight forward change over.
thanks in advance
brian.
xantia 1.9td sx 137000 mls
C5 2.0HDI SX (pending)
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

nothing to it, it's a "normal" car on that aspect[:D]
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

not quite nothing,the ignition should be switched off for at least 2 minutes to allow the power latch phase for the network/ECU's to shut down first,when re-connecting wait 2 minutes before switching ignition on otherwise you may have trouble getting it started at first (the imobiliser goes into anti scanning mode).
if the car is fitted with factory SatNav you still need to wait the 2 minutes AND make sure the LED on the CD-ROM drive is out,failure to do so will likely damage the SatNav ECU.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

learning everyday! [:)]
brianr.uk

Post by brianr.uk »

thanks all will change at earliest convenience.hasn't got sat nav but what a brilliant car really pleased with it
bbrucez
My Cars:

Post by bbrucez »

Good news is you don't need a radio code as the radio will only work in your car (dunno why tho).
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bbrucez</i>

Good news is you don't need a radio code as the radio will only work in your car (dunno why tho).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
its because the radio is coded with the VIN number of the car which is coded to the BSI