306 DT service

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

scott8629

306 DT service

Post by scott8629 »

Any tips on changing the oil and filter and fuel filter on a 97 Pug 306 D Turbo?
Are there any fiddley bits of trim under the sump?
Do you need the square type sump plug ftment to remove the sump plug?
Also how can I reset the service mileage on the dash?
Scott
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Not at all difficult. If you have an under-tray fitted, that's the worst part. My Xantia has a little trapdoor under the sump plug, but the Xsara has an under-tray that has to be removed completely. Our 306 doesn't have a tray, so it's straight forward - a 10 minute job. You probably need a square bar to remove the plug. I always replace that type with a hex plug that I can use a socket set on. To reset the service indicator - hold the button in whilst you switch on the ignition. The indicator should count down to zero. At least Citroens do!!
There are several types of fuel filter, the easiest being the type with four set screws in each corner of the lid.
scott8629

Post by scott8629 »

Thanks fo the reply!
Scott
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

Wrap rags around the base of the fuel filter before opening it. It's easy to spill fuel which could get into the clutch below. I presume you'll be following Haynes, which explains how to bleed air out of the system after opening it up. If not, there's a bleed screw (tiny, about 6mm) between the filter and injector pump. Undo a couple of turns (again, surround with rags) and squeeze the primer bulb to purge the air.
The square plug key for the sump (if that's what you have) is 8mm.