C5 radio code.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tam_northeast

C5 radio code.

Post by tam_northeast »

Hi all
i want to reset to airbag warning lamp/fault code (apparently a common problem) on my C5 and have been informed that if the battery is disconnected for approx half an hour then all fault codes are cleared. (obviously if there is a fault then it will display once again). <b>my query however is with the radio, is there a code for these radio's ?</b> (standard single cd/radio on lx)as i don't think i have a code for it and would rather know now if i need to chase up this code befor e i try this fix.
cheers.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

If i'm not mistaken, according to the citroën C5 technical guide, the radio code is stored in the BSI.
I have disconnected the battery before, removed the radio and never had problems... You DO have the car's PassCard don't you?´
Cheers!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

there deffo is not a radio code,the chassis number of the car is programed into the radio set which is matched to the BSI so no need for a code.
Also disconecting the battery does not erase fault codes from ECU memorys.
tam_northeast

Post by tam_northeast »

thanks guys. yes iv'e just found out that it didn't clear the fault code.(did however find out how to reset the clock etc.) back to the dealer for me then. cheers