Dispatch HDI Coolant Loss

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BrianM
My Cars:

Dispatch HDI Coolant Loss

Post by BrianM »

Hi all,
Friend has an 03 Dispatch HDI, 50000 miles. Recently he has had to start putting coolant in, look like its coming out of the header tank where the stud holds it in to the body. I have quickly looked at this and no bubbles in it when ticking over and he has said that the temp guage doesn't go up. The warning light comes on, on the dash so he keeps it topped up. Is there any 'known' problems, surely it couldnt be the H/G already !.
Brian
97 Xantia TD
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

"couldnt be the HG already"
- must be rephrased to "unlikely to be the HG".
HG problems are related almost entirely to heating/cooling problems - not age/mileage of car [:)]
Bet your friend's Dispatch has a leaking hose - or maybe even a cracked radiator (which I had [:(] on my BX). Whatever - it is very important he obeys the warning light until the problem is fixed.
Because of the heat it is hard to see any coolant leaking as it will evapourate instantly. But you should see the characteristic white/green'ish dry traces from deposits at the leak(s).
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

As I said I can see the whiteish traces around the top of the header tank which is in turn coming down onto theengine itself. No signs elsewhere of leaks, just on the header tank. Must check it when its cold to see if its getting pressurised.