Temperature gauge increase ZX 1.8 (A) Petrol

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mazidee
My Cars:

Temperature gauge increase ZX 1.8 (A) Petrol

Post by mazidee »

I have a strange behaviour on my ZX 1.8 (A) Petrol temperature gauge. When I go up hill (even when the air cond is on or off), the temprature gauge increase to about 100 but there is no sign of overheating light coming out. I have no problem during trafic jam.I've changed my termostat. Someone said that it could be due to the gauge problem itself and nothing wrong with my temperature. If it is true? How can it be fixed ?
Please advise.
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

Hi
I have 1995 Citroen ZX 1.4i and this does exactly the same things as yours. When you go up a hill the temperature gauge goes up to around 100C and when I can down a hill it drops back to normal or just below normal. Also when cruising down a dual carriageway the temperature increases to around 100C and stays there.
I have also taken it a garage and had the coolant system flushed and new a new temperature gauge sensor unit and it still does the same.
I have been told that temperature fluctutions under these driving conditions are acceptable and dont think that it is serious. My advise is to worry when the temperature gauge get to near or into the redzone.
REGARDS
Citman