Cabin Vibration

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rashmore

Cabin Vibration

Post by rashmore »

Have noticed recently that whilst sitting stationary, i sometimes get vibration in the cabin, in sync with engine noise. kind of pulsing motion.
Presumably this is a result of worn engine mounts ? how do i inspect to see if they are worn if it is these or is it a case of pull them out and see? Are they difficult to replace.
cheers
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Its not a minor misfire is it?
jeremy
rashmore

Post by rashmore »

Er... it can be a bit lumpy on start up, but once clears its throat and puffed a bit of black smoke out(somtimes tinge of grey) normally ok.
never thought of that, make sense with only happening every now and then. glow plugs were replaced last year so i assume its check fuel lines etc for air and elec connections are tight ? can't say it was particularly wet at the time. will keep eye on that too. anythong i should have a quick look over - air filter done last year but could be wet due to location... would that effect moer likely to generally starv it consistently...
manic_man
My Cars:

Post by manic_man »

I have exactly the same issue (97 TD) it started suddenly and has only gotten worse. Its actually worse when the car is pointing down a hill then up or stationary (for some odd reason) the engine is also getting slightly noiser at idle than it used to be but that could just be age.. I have also noticed if i hot 1050 revs exactly its like a vibration sweet spot cos i can make the whole car vibrate quite nicely!
I have replaced the bottom engine mount, all i cna think now is either my echaust isnt seated correctly or its one of the two top mounts....
Id be very interested to hear if you have any sucess fnding the problem though as its very annoying :)