What's wrong with people?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

What's wrong with people?

Post by Stempy »

I recently fitted a set of alloy valve caps to the Xantia, nothing flash, they were only £2.50 for a set of four but better than the standard plastic jobs. Came back today to find they had all be stolen. How desperate do you have to be to do such a thing? Probably being fitted to a clapped out Nova as I write. Bleedin' little thugs.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

i think that it a conspiracy by the insurance companies and police to stop people "doing up" their cars, they start with the small stuff to test the water!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

My Dad had some valve caps with a hex head to go on the JCB and tractor, you could get them tight enough so that nobody could shift them by hand, the valves on the tractor and JCB are rather sturdier and actually bolt to the wheel rim.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Yep, Im on my second set of monogramed Citroen Valve caps on the Xant - so its obviously another Cit owner (probably one of those AX drivers.....)
Still, I now have alloys on my BX - though no valve caps.
gardenpeas
My Cars:

Post by gardenpeas »

leave us AX drivers alone Marty most of us don't have alloys as it is let alone alloy valve caps (stupid 3 stud huds) it's probably the sAXo boys with there pepperpots
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

I fitted 'pressure' valve caps, (the ones with the green tops that turn red when the pressure drops) to all three of our cars which stand in our drive. On the same night all twelve caps were nicked. B*****ds!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gardenpeas</i>

leave us AX drivers alone Marty <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Of which I am still one (for now)[:o)]
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Reckon I'll fit a PIR device on the drive hooked up to a electic valve on a hose pipe. Anyone comes near my car they get soaked.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Soaked .... with something nasty, do you have any used engine oil knocking about?
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

how about some heavy water
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Strangely enough, and ages ago now, one of the young lads in our close gave me a nice set of metal valve caps for the 205... Hope he did not obtain them by foul means...
Seriously, just how low can it get - nicking valve caps must be just about the limit. I dispair. Maybe they'd like to try nicking the bleed valve cap on the cooling system after a nice hot run.. That would teach the little scroundrels!
madasafish

Post by madasafish »

sorry but valve cap nicking was around 40 years ago when I was just a lad. Nothing changes.
(and nicking wheel trims but as most cars have alloys today, it's less of a problem...)
EDIT: I work on the basis most of the world will steal anything if it's obvious and easy.. so car bling is out as far as I am concerned. (Flashy looking dustcaps = bling!)
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

If it aint nailed down....
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

If these alloy caps were on a BX, then if the front ones are removed by the owner, and the car is then lowered, then the rear alloy caps should, depending on the position of the rear wheels, be hidden from view, so the opportunist "tea leaf" will not know they are there. Obviously, I am being a bit sarcastic here. [:)]
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Sadly, attracting attention to your car is just asking for trouble.. [V] Buy a road salt grey ZX they are almost invisable.. [:o)] [:D]