2012 Olympics

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenzx
My Cars:

2012 Olympics

Post by citroenzx »

What do people think then? Will we get it? Why is the dicision being made at 12:46?
Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

Italy should be forced to take it, in revenge for the Roman invasion; if not, then France. But if that pretentious fatcat celeb junket is such an allegedly good thing for the taxpayers and wealth generating (believe that, believe anything) etc. then why are Tony Blair and his cronies not insisting on it being held in Congo, Burkina Faso or some such place instead.
It would be 12.46 so they get on the teatime telly.
Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

Or how about a surprise decision -- Afghanistan.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

lol, but a US missile might accidently go off target or think that the main stadium is the hole where bin laden is hiding
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Its currently now down to London v Paris- I'm glad it wasn't New York at least we won't have to watch it at 3am or whatever.....
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

hoorah! we've got it!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well we have won ! [:D]
So, well done to the Olympic bid team. [:)]
Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

So France win again.....
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

so we're going to get the new stadium in east london, but whats it going to be used for the rest of the time??
Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

Perhaps for the detention of political dissidents and stacking up the victims of a society increasingly falling apart as its infrastructure crumbles while self-aggrandising political weasels, crony contractors and fatcat celebs pose to the sound of their own swelling bank accounts.
London should be made to meet the entire cost with no subsidy at all.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">London should be made to meet the entire cost with no subsidy at all.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
London will be paying for most of it- have you heard Ken Livingstone's walnut whip quote?
At least its a major impetus to finally do something about the Marshgate lane area, probably the grimmest place in the UK!! It was horrible in the 80's when I worked down there and its a lot worse now. Burned out cars, flytipping everywhere, it makes Beirut look like Cheshunt......and as for Clay lane off the East cross route,[xx(]
I work in the Leyton and Stratford area and you really have to see how bad a lot of it is to believe it. Its the best thing that could happen for East London.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Promoting sporting events and other such matters keeps the masses from looking at whats going on with far more important issues. They can now wheel out some Olympic related news every time they want to attract attention away from some other more unpopular subjects. [:(!]
Like the fact that most working people in the UK can no longer afford to buy a home, due largely to the Gov allowing-encouraging wealthy people to "buy to rent".
But it will clean up the east end area a lot, so thats nice for the people who live there.. [:)]
Nice to see Beckham promoting London, shame he now lives in Spain though.. [;)]
Oops this to political? goin to get the dreaded edit scizzors? oeerr lmho. [:I] [:o)] [:D]
madasafish

Post by madasafish »

"But it will clean up the east end area a lot, so thats nice for the people who live there.."
Well it won't be those who live there now:
- they can't afford it
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

A lot of tax payers money will be spent on this e.g. transport and stadiums.
The economy and businesses will benefit but I can see this as a lot of tax payers money benefiting the business people with the right connections, just the usual government sleaze.
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

On the positive side, let’s forget the previous disasters (Dome) and hope that they get this one right. We are after all Great Britain.
I would not like to be the French president though[:o)]