Look at the way they are badging them thses days

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Look at the way they are badging them thses days

Post by martyhopkirk »

As listed on eBay[B)]
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Oh Dear! That's a Citreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeon then is it?
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Posted by martyhopkirk
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Look at the way they are badging them thses days<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes, Marty bad spelling does stand out. [:)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Like a sleeping Tiger he pounces!
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

I love looking through the local paper at the used car ads each week. I've lost count of the number of Citroen Zaras and Citron Zantiers I've seen. Peugoet (purr-goat, anyone?) is another popular one.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

How come people dont know how to spell the name of their own car, after all its written on the back of it! Do they never open the boot?
You would think they would want to know how to spell it especially as you have to spend a fair amount of money to sell the car.
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by citroenzx</i>

How come people dont know how to spell the name of their own car, after all its written on the back of it! Do they never open the boot?
You would think they would want to know how to spell it especially as you have to spend a fair amount of money to sell the car.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
If that's the same guy I'm thinking of, he advertises quite a lot of badges on ebay. He's either a scrappy with far too much time on his hands, or he's maybe finding the badges by other means (dead of night with a screwdriver comes to mind)... [}:)]
Searching for "Citroen" gear on ebay is a good way of finding stuff which doesn't turn up under a "citroen" search. You'd be surprised how many illiterates are out there. [8D]
ninebob

Post by ninebob »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ross_K</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by citroenzx</i>

If that's the same guy I'm thinking of, he advertises quite a lot of badges on ebay. He's either a scrappy with far too much time on his hands, or he's maybe finding the badges by other means (dead of night with a screwdriver comes to mind)... [}:)]
Searching for "Citroen" gear on ebay is a good way of finding stuff which doesn't turn up under a "citroen" search. You'd be surprised how many illiterates are out there. [8D]
ninebob

Post by ninebob »

Eh? that's not what I typed! Sorry guys, having trouble with the "quote" function...
What I was trying to say was that I just tried the ebay "Citroen" search and got a staggering 269 items including 14 cars!
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Works for other stuff as well - loads of mis-spelling goes on. A lot of stuff never even gets a bid cos it never shows up in a search.
Check out www.fatfingers.co.uk and see what I mean.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

It was only a matter of time........
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Bamber</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

It was only a matter of time........
Hello Fred !
Nice to see you too.......
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Sorry, Marty I couldn't resist the opportunity for a bit of sarcasm. [:)]
I have actually been quite busy, and away from the forum. Although I logged on recently when a Richard Green had been busy, and couldn't believe the posts that had appeared on the forum from him.
So, well done to you for "pouncing" on the situation when needed.
Also thanks are due to the rest of the Admin team, including Jon for sorting the problem out.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

We have missed you! Thought you had run away and left us.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

No, I couldn't do that, this forum is such an interesting, friendly and fun place be.
Although I have not been posting for a while, I have certainly been keeping up to date, by reading the posts when I had the time.
So, Fred where have you been, because you have not posted for a while.