Guff

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Guff

Post by rossnunn »

Talking with friends at the local beer fountain (needed it after the day I've just had) I was saying about my plans of removing the centre silencer from the exhaust of the ZX & got into a debate over the back pressure being affected. A friend was saying it could damage / slow the engine, but I said the 1.4 doesn't produce enough guff in normal driving conditions & even if it did, you'd not notice it when driving on the public road.
Who's right here (I have a bet of a whole chocolate button riding on this)
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

The other arguement is that every horse it produces is your friend and you'll notice his absence very quickly!
I always understood that the distance from the engine to the first expansion arrangement was the critical one. So if you have a catalyst ahead of the silencer you intend to remove then it may not make much difference.
What are you hoping to achieve?
jeremy
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I'll be leaving the cat alone. I'm having a play, I'd like abit more noise from the exhaust, but mainly just to play, to see what would happen
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Boys will be boys[:D]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Taking the centre box out was popular in my youth, and no doubt it is with youth today- it makes a mundane exhaust note sound a bit better, but, as for performance, you won't notice a jot of difference, either worse or better!!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

does that mean I wih the button?? lol :p