regulator and immobiliser probs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

casperdog2
My Cars:

regulator and immobiliser probs

Post by casperdog2 »

[V]I have had a 97 xantia lx for a couple of months and I find these forums fantastic, I have found out all the answers to the few problems that I have found with the car, but I have two problems that I would like sorted ( if its on the car I like it to work)
1, The car was fitted with a cd player which sat in frount of the gear lever, well done and looked nice, I found that underneath the cd player the keypad for the engine imobilizer, on further investigation I found that the keypad had been disconected My question is, If I remove the cd player and reconect the keypad (not knowing any codes) Will it be a Citroen shop job plus cost. or do you know better I ask myself.
2, The pipe that goes from the hyd pump to the pressure regulator, on the regulator end of the pipe there are two types of seal the old type which uses the hosepipe type of seal, and the type I get off the cit dealer which is a small rubber seal on a small washer I would say,and the pipe has a washer type seal holder. are both these type of seal compatable with the regulator or do I have the wrong regulator on my car. I tried the new type pipe in the old type seal, this worked for a couple of weeks but then started to leak again this combination was in the car when I got it, so it must have happend before I think
cheers chaps[V]
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

Casperdog,
With regard to the keypad. If you do not know the code then DO NOT re-connect it. I understand that, once the engine is running, you can disconnect the keypad and then the engine will start without it. I assume that this is the case with your car. Some members of the forum have used a 'magic code' when they have had imobiliser problems however if your car is starting alright without the keypad why tempt fate and mess with it. If you get it wrong then it can be very expensive!
Richard
casperdog2
My Cars:

Post by casperdog2 »

cheers richard that was my thoughts thanks for that
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

With regard to your hydraulic pipe query... the small conical washer is a later design ...I think applicable to the facelift models, your Cit Dealer should advise. VERY IMPORTANT make sure that their is not an old seal stuck in the regulator.. if so carefully remove with some form of small hook (bent wire etc)
BTW the Haynes book refers to the OLD type of fitting.