Come on guys.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Come on guys.

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I have been an active member of this forum for 4 years.
In that time I have been given some very useful help/advice which has saved me a considerable amount of time and money. I have also offered help and advice to others with the common theme of being a French car owner/enthusiast.
I have also enjoyed some entertaining banter, humour and countless goodwill.
This forum is to me, the best of its kind, full stop.
Recently a number of persons (I really mean idiots) have seriously spoilt it with outbursts on subjects that have no relevance to the purpose of this forum's existance.
If for some reason you have a personal grievance or dislike of other belief/religion/colour of skin, make of car, car club, cracks in the footpath, weather, then either keep it to yourself or voice those opions elsewhere before you spoil it for the rest of us.
Those of us who have been members for some time time, will have noticed that recently the real 'Stalwarts' of this forum no longer contribute. I can personally see why.
It should not a rocket scientist to work out that this forum needs to be paid for. It is sponsored by <b>GSF car parts</b>, please remember that, so should a rival company offer a similar product/service, then please don't refer to that company, keep it to yourself. Such sponsorship will finish otherwise as this forum exists to promote/advertise the company.
I have no connection with this company other than as a customer of their products/member to this forum. It will be a very sad day for all French car owners when this forum closes and I can see that being very soon the way it is going.
<b></b>Please don't spoil it for others<b></b>
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I agree with what Richard has said above apart from one MAJOR point. There is only one true car manufacturer and it's the one with the double chevrons [:)]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I agree Richard - I commend Jon for his prompt and decisive action - see post - e-mail.
jeremy
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Got to say that I couldn't quite believe what I was reading this morning. It's the kind of stuff that has become all too common on some US based forums which I no longer bother with. I hope it's all sorted out now and we have no further trouble.
It's hard enough to continue loving my Xantia as it is, I need this forum and the folk who frequent it to help get me through the hard times. Keep up the good work fellas.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stempy</i>

Got to say that I couldn't quite believe what I was reading this morning. It's the kind of stuff that has become all too common on some US based forums which I no longer bother with. I hope it's all sorted out now and we have no further trouble.
It's hard enough to continue loving my Xantia as it is, I need this forum and the folk who frequent it to help get me through the hard times. Keep up the good work fellas.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I missed all the 'action' but I got the jist of it. Strange how people get enjoyment out of doing things like that & being a troll. Sad [}:)].
This forum is an excellent resource and I would be worse off without it - no doubt! These days I make all my purchases from GSF (it is the best place after all)- if it were not for this forum I might not!
Thanks to all the admins who do a great job and all sensible posters![:D] I hope I can put my self in the latter [:I]
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

I have to comment here (well dont have to but will anyway)
As many have said this forum is a font of all knowledge for things french (especially citroen) I know my own knowledge is of the older, less popular models but i try to help where i can and have recieved much help and advice in return.
I know some people personal opinions are very important and strongly held but as stated this is a car forum, with maybe some light banter and ribbing thrown in. Lets keep it that way. It works, thats why its so popular.
As Jon has rightly put above.........
'BTW, a message to Richard, I'll be in the Black Horse on Saturday night, as a local resident, I'm sure you will know where that is, pop in for a chat and a drink if it is convenient to you. Send me an email via the (risk free) email service if you want to meet.'
That is the place for frank personal views and all the better for them IMHO.
Ride safe guys.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

From what I saw, may be a good idea if same gent stayed out of pubs for a while.[:D][:D]
Alan S[}:)]
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Odd, I thought he was just trying to rack up as many posts as he could in as short a time as possible.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Its a shame but all forums get idiots and even the odd loonie to deal with from time to time.. We have an excellant team of admin and moderators in here, so it is very hard for anyone to pose any sort of serious threat to its future.. And forums are as strong as its contributors, more power to you the people. You are also an important part of the forum strength.. So don't let the bad guys annoy you.. [:I] [;)]
Jon did an excellant job in sorting this one out very quickly.. Nice one Jon.. [:D] [:)] [^].
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

I couldn't believe it myself. What a complete idiot.
Maybe he was pissed? But when I've had a skinfull I usually try to read & not reply to posts.
Some things are better left unsaid even if you think that way.
Anyway, good work mods, keep your heads up, to much doom & gloom at the moment [;)]
Let's just enjoy font of knowledge that is the forum.
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

I'd like to add my thanks and congrats to the moderators and administrators. They do a fantastic job in keeping an informative and friendly forum alive, and improving Cit ownership for all of us.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Err haven't a clue whats gone on (been on nights all week)
But have to agree with above FORUMS+BIG MOUTHS+POSSIBLY TO MUCH DRINK
really really dont mix, very easy to be the big man on a forum the type that's as quiet as a mouse in the street.
Although I did write WIBBLE once and I still feel kinda guilty about that[;)] (how long ago was that Jon)
Anyway......big thanks to Jon and Co for the help and guidance over the last few years, Iv'e said it before that this really is the best Forum because it is easy to follow threads that don't wander and prattle on about nothing, like most others at the moment
PS If this forum was to fold somebody will be sued for the cost of future repairs!!!!!!
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Thanks to whatever mod removed that ridiculous post - there's no place on a car-related forum for the nonsense that guy was spouting. That kind of attitude seems to be spreading these days, and it's not something I want to stomach...
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Well done all, for sorting out what could only be refered to as, 'embarrassing'![:0]
It just goes to show that simply owning a Citroen/French car doesn't instantly make you a well balanced human being.
Some extreme views, on all subjects, are best left to the pub or office.
Car forums are for just that, all things vehicle related.
It's ok to rant about car tax, dealer servicing costs, shoddy mechanics, fuel prices, bad driving, Gatsos, traffic wardens and PAYG mileage. Just don't stray away from vehicle related topics.
Let's hope it doesn't happen again.
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

It's still a great forum Jon - it's the only website I regularly come to.
Shame about Dave Burns though. You could rely on help from Dave in the quieter backwater that is the Peugeot section.
Come back Burnsey - even if I've got rid of my 205!!