Xantia fault codes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stephen burch
My Cars:

Xantia fault codes

Post by stephen burch »

Is anyone aware of any circuitry that may keep the ABS dashboard warning light on once a sensor has been replaced? I have a Xantia activa that was diagnosed was nearside rear ABS sensor intermittent. It has been replaced and the light has stayed on. Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

It may well be the case that the fault needs to be 'cleared' from the ecu memory to cancel the light ilumination.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

just because it comes up with a fault with the n/s/r sensor doesent mean the sensor itself is at fault,it could still be the wiring,the pickup ring or even the ECU.more that likely the fault just needs erased though.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

When I had a duff sensor the light went off as soon as I replaced it. I think the ecu does a check each time the ignition is switched on and the light shows if a fault is detected. It would be worth pulling the plug on the ABS ECU and checking each sensor and its wiring from there first.
You can use a 1k resistor to substitute the sensors which will fool the ECU at standstill, but the light will come on if you drive away as there will be no pulses detected.