Clarion CD stuck

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shiney

Clarion CD stuck

Post by shiney »

Hi
Xantia td sensation.
The CD changer is jammed probably by one of the holders. I need to dismantle. Does anyone know how to ghet the grey case off?
It won't pull or slide. Any help with taking the CD unit apart would help too
Thanks
This is driving me nuts
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Thers hould be a manual eject button on the case of the multi changer some where. You'll need to remove from the car and press this it'll let go of the cartridge.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
Clarion cd changers dont normally have manual emergency eject buttons on them.
guillermo
My Cars:

Post by guillermo »

By the way,
Does anyone have the instruction manual for the audio equipment, clarion, for a 1999 HDI, clarion 4035.?
Thanks
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

I had a similar issue when I first got my changer. The slots in the cartridge had popped out in transit and as such, stopped the cartridge from ejecting. The grey case has a few screws holding it together that attach to the spring damper mechanism inside (that stops the changer from jarrig about as much). The grey case splits into 2 once these screws are removed. Then, you take the top off the changer itself and you can see inside the item. Directly above the CD player part itself where the lens is etc is not covered at all so you can get your fingers in to deal with whatever obstruction is there. Then, power it back up, eject it and re-assemble.
Piece of cake. I've never had one of these in bits before and it only took me 15 mins from start to finish.
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by guillermo</i>

By the way,
Does anyone have the instruction manual for the audio equipment, clarion, for a 1999 HDI, clarion 4035.?
Thanks
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I do mate. Mines a 4035 with changer in the boot. Sadly it's not in electronic format but the original book instead.
guillermo
My Cars:

Post by guillermo »

Thanks Chrispy,
Its a pitty I live so far away. But the most important questions is as follow:
In the MW tunning band this radio jumps in 9KHz steps ( ej. 700 - 709 -718). The point is that here in Argentina we have a radio net that jumps in 10 KHz steps ( Ej. 700 - 710 -720 ) so that in many cases I can´t tune it right.
Does the manual mention how to change it ? In same other equipment it can be done pressing some combination of buttons during the power up, but I don´t know if it is possible with this clarion.
Thank in advance and Best Regards
Guillermo
shiney

Post by shiney »

Thanks for those contributions.
There are no screws visible in the grey brushed fabric surround.
It appears to br fixed to the rear of the boot and therefore inaccesible without taking the boot trim off. I think I'll have to cut it off!
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

Ahh...you've got it carpeted in. Mine was just the silver Clarion case with the cd changer inside. There you'll find screws-a-plenty.
As for Guillermo, the manual is at home and I'm at work at the mo. I shall have a look this evening and post it up if that's ok? I don't really use MW very often so I don't know off-hand.
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

Guillermo, just looked in the book. Surprise surprise it doesn't say. Sigh...
The clost thing it comes to it is telling you how to change the sensitvity of radio searches so that it picks up weaker stations too.
Sorry mate.
Chris.
guillermo
My Cars:

Post by guillermo »

Thanks a lot anyway.
One of this days I would be enough inspired as to get the code of the main IC inside the radio and search for spec sheet in the internet how to change that. In the IC of some years ago it was a matter of putting some pin to ground ot to 5V.
Regards
Guillermo
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

Their are a couple of bolts 'under cover' one in the floor and one on the right wing....easy peasy and it comes right out...mine jammed because of those stick on labels when you do your own CD's.
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

We seem to have two post running here..... most confusing and time wasting