rough justice

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Green

rough justice

Post by Richard Green »

I was called to a job this AM but before I got their the bloke called in the dealer ( what a mistake ), problem was he could not get more than 100 mph out of it "diesel golf" and dealer said it was the air flow sensor before they tested it "on the road" they got done speeding hahahahahahahahaha and the problem was the accelerator pedal carpet stuck under it, I never got paid for turning up but it appears he got a <b>bill</b> any way[8D] .
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

lol that can make such a difference though. When I went and test drove my Supra I thought it was ok, not that quick but would do for now. Stopped at the services by Crawley on the M23 for petrol then moved the carpet back which didnt look in the right place. Nearly spun it leaving the services as it suddenly had a lot more power :D
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I had this with the ZX - throttle sticking (first time we had that one) and sometimes a most strange sensation when releasing the clutch - as though the whole pedal assembly was loose. I got as far as phoning to find a new clutch cable onlt to find that the spec changed the month it was made and had to go and look at it to get the number. sat in it and had another play around - yes - clutch pedal snaged on mat, mat came up with pedal and struck brake and accelerator - hence strange feeling through pedals!
must buy a new mat soon!
jeremy
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

THe '94 Xantia mats have a habbit of getting themselves out of place. When they've moved, every time you let the clutch up, the mat snags it and comes up with it, lifting the brake pedal up, then the mat and brake pedal drop making a bouncing brake pedal sort of noise.
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

weater is nice this time of year isnt it.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

But beer is better - not your cooled antipodean stuff but the real thing!
jeremy
Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

aaaah..... nice cool pint of Hoegaarden....
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

verrrry nice " burrrrrp " satisfaction with a capital S.