Is it a boat or a plane?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

VisaGTi16v

Is it a boat or a plane?

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I found this video just now and I find it totally unbelievable. So cool and I want one right now. Guess it has some control to turn the prop on and off on the front or something hmm
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=HydroFoam
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

we call them "all things prop" a couple of lads down the club are into them and a good way to start in model aircraft/boats/hovers/trackers for the kids until they get ready for the big expensive stuff but still fun i would think.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

They are quality, where can I get one? Bet they are a few quid though- they seem to do 'the lot'!
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Mommy, mommy, get me one!
Looks pretty fun, hey?!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Yes Richard please tell us where you can get them! Im suddenly bored of my nitro car and need something for all surfaces including air :D
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

most good model shops sell the kits and you can add more powerful engines which is whats been done here, its the wing on the back that makes it fly because its like an adjustable flap
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

I also noted there the prop engine is being used mounted on the front between the pontoons using a small propeller, interesting I have sent an email to my buddies with the link so thanks for that and it looks very interesting for a new project down the club with a few mods here and there it just might set a new group of new comers up as were always looking for new ideas, I think we will keep them near the water though it could cause havoc around the lads/lasses big stuff.
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

a little information back from my mates, the boat is a hydrofoil "triple hull design" modified with flap on rear adjustable for spinning the craft, the rear spoiler for name sack but I would call it a wing flap adjustable type, engine used is prop type mounted in front between the pontoons using small high speed propeller "this is what gives it the plain like handling, other add on was steel runner on the pontoons because they wear out quick on hard ground so cheaply replaced, all servos are standard to the plain and boat world as is the controller and not cheap I might add, the lads made their own and don't believe you can buy off the shelf here yet not like the USA because we live in a time warp ( inventor to the shop shelf thing ) but they say its easy to build one or mod a hydrofoil boat into one only difference is the prop engine on the front as opposed to the standard boat which uses water born jet type or in-water prop.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Nice info ta
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

They use an 11.1v 950Mah lipo battery, and a castle creations 10 amp brushless controller and a home made cd rom brushless motor wound to give around 1100Kv, the boat itself is made of 3mm depron sheeting mostly with some 6mm in key places and carbon fibre sheet on the bottom edges to stop them wearing so quickly,
Plans seem to be freely available in quite a few places, and if you dont wanna start cutting bits of depron, then the kit is available for about £30,
Be aware that you need 35Mhz aircraft radio gear with 3 micro servo's like HS55's and a micro reciever
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

my mates took the idea from the hydro-racer site "fixed wing type" and they dont use electric motors apart from the servos, most of them race boats and use fuel powered engines with nitro, I'm more into the sedate gas/fuel prop aircraft none race type.