C6 on top gear (UK)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stinkwheel

C6 on top gear (UK)

Post by Stinkwheel »

Well who saw it?
It wasnt a proper test but they had one in the studio and all the presenters (even jezza) commented how it really is the best exec class car, looks good, all the feautures and top engines also.
I must say its the first new citroen (or new car for that matter) I've liked the look of in ages.
And yes i do see CX similarities, the rear from above looks like the CX with its concave rear screen and sculpted boot lid, From the side how it s windows taper down to the rear quarter light is very similar.
Still doesnt look as good as the real thing though (in my eyes anyway)
Matt S
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I like it, and James May likes it too. Perhaps its a bit big for me, and the fuel economy from the V6 diesel won't be as good as the 4 cylinder ones so it may not be for me, It looks good in a way that the C5 never did, the C5 has a nice face these days but it looks a bit lardy from certain angles. Time will tell no doubt.
There is truth to what they said on top gear, large cars have never sold well without a prestige badge on them. There were many who said that the Omega was as good as the BMW 5 series of the day but because of the Vauxhall badge it didn't sell in such large numbers, after all you don't look forward to the day that you can afford a car with a Vauxhall badge on it do you?
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

Damn I missed that one- Is the repeat on Tuesday or something?
Paulmi16
My Cars:

Post by Paulmi16 »

It did look good, but they will be a rare sight on British Roads. Will be the secondhand bargain of the decade as depreciation is going to frightening.
Paul.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

By me, second hand Omega 3.2 V6 with all the bits, one owner in metalic black S reg £1250 and a mere 78k on the clock. Just think how much a new C6 will be in 7 years.
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

The red one has a distintive style the others seem to lack.
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

I always wanted to play with the fire engine.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Bit deeper and shorter and you get the new picasso methinks
http://hvtm.totalcar.hu/car/m/citroen/272509.jpg
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

very true mate and not much in it at all having a good look now i hope its a lot better on the road with many changes otherwise it will be a dead horse on sales.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Repeated tonight at 11:20pm if you want to see it again. Yet another white elephant on our roads at least. Hope over the channel and you see Peugeot 605s, Renault Safranes and Citroen XMs all over the place! It'll be a common sight on French roads. Will just be seen as an overcomplicated, hydronightmare of a beast over here which at least means they'll be more exclusive than a Beemer.
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

hydronightmare of a beast over here which at least means they'll be more exclusive than a Beemer.
OOOooOOOoo right between the ribs there mate haha.
Oystercatcher
My Cars:

Post by Oystercatcher »

Which means it'll be cheap 2nd hand [:D]
I want to replace the Xant, but I've <b><u>never</u></b> wanted a C5. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.....
Alan
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

hmm, me hopes i have it on video, but the computer is playing up! will be nice to see it as i went to the toilet when it was on :(
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

I was on a blasted call out but im sure to see it one day.