Rear door on 405gr and other bits

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ayden
My Cars:

Rear door on 405gr and other bits

Post by ayden »

Only just noticed on my 405 that the rear drivers side door doesnt lock under its own steam doesnt even unlock i have to do it separatly all the other doors lock and unlock fine !?!? any ideas ?
And the other thing is ive notice that when i brake the back end drops when i got out and had a look i pushed down on the back of the car and the wheels with the handbrake on move forward quite alot as the car drops and move back when its released i did think to myself that the rear wheels were not in the centre of the arch when looking at it sideways the are further back sorry if i have confused anybody in this description but is was the only way i could describe it [8)] any ideas ??
thanks guys
Ayden
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

first problem. This is blatently a door locking solenoid. Pain to get to. Change it and all will be well.
As for the wheel moving in the arch, well, they do a bit, as they are trailing arms. The only wear that occurs in them is visible from behind the car. If the wheels are leaning in at the top (and out at the bottom!) then the axle beam has had it, and you need another. Or one of my sets of replacement repair bushes. That's if I can ever get on to another lathe to make another set!
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

I had the same problem on the same door about 1 month ago. It can be stripped and rebuilt but its bloody awkward [xx(]. Took me about 2.5 hours I think working steady.
If you search you will find the post. PowerLee gave me quite a bit of info at the time.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Did I hear my name mentioned??? lol
This is the post demag was on about
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=14244