water in oil

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

b21playa

water in oil

Post by b21playa »

got a feeling that i got water mixing with the oil but not oil in water, if you know what i mean
what cud it be?
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

Sounds like the head gaskets leaking to me.
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

I agree but get the head skimmed to be sure of a complete job, its not expensive aprox £35.
b21playa

Post by b21playa »

will head repair sealant work?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by b21playa</i>

will head repair sealant work?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

What are the symptoms you are seeing and what form is the water taking. It's not just a bit of Mayonnaise is it? (white emulisified mess in the cooler parts of the engine) Never known it in an XUD but some petrol XUs are terrible for Mayonnaise, usually when they're used for short trips and never get hot enough to boil off any condensation in the oil. If you do just short trips or your thermostat is stuck open leading to overcooling than that can cause it. I'm looking for other causes apart from the HG. Is there any other signs of the HG failing like excessive coolant loss, pressurisation of the coolant from cold and white smoke out of the exhaust. A search around this forum will help you find all the classic HG failure warning signs..
b21playa

Post by b21playa »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by citrojim</i>

What are the symptoms you are seeing and what form is the water taking. It's not just a bit of Mayonnaise is it? (white emulisified mess in the cooler parts of the engine) Never known it in an XUD but some petrol XUs are terrible for Mayonnaise, usually when they're used for short trips and never get hot enough to boil off any condensation in the oil. If you do just short trips or your thermostat is stuck open leading to overcooling than that can cause it. I'm looking for other causes apart from the HG. Is there any other signs of the HG failing like excessive coolant loss, pressurisation of the coolant from cold and white smoke out of the exhaust. A search around this forum will help you find all the classic HG failure warning signs..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
well was loosing cooleant but that is because the radiaotr has gone
will repalce and then see