306 DTurbo oil feed pipe.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pug_owner2002
My Cars:

306 DTurbo oil feed pipe.

Post by pug_owner2002 »

Hi,
I had to have the turbo reconditioned on my 306 Dturbo just over a year ago.
The problem I have is that there was a plastic filter in the oil feed pipe to the turbo that had disitegrated.
The local Pug dealership recons that they don't sell the filter and running without it won't cause a problem as it is only there for when the engine is new?
Another Pug dealership also said the same.
The trouble is that this filter also acted as a seal between the oil feed pipe and the engine block, so has always been leaking since the turbo was refitted.
I tried putting an o ring in and this helpen a little but the leak is now getting worse.
Any ideas as to if these filters can be purchased? if not has anyone had this problem before and managed to stop the leak?
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Pull one from a scrapped car. Every XUD turbo engine has this little strainer, and you can get to it fairly easily if the car you are working on is on top of another. If you're sneaky, you can put the feed pipe back in, and drop the strainer in your tool box (along with all your other bits and pieces). Helps if you're there to buy a load of other stuff too though. Although I doubt they'd want more than about 50p for it!
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

I've been round all the scrappies that i know and can't find one.
Every scrapped car i look at has either had the engine removed or the turbo removed.
Just have to keep looking!