Just an Idea folks

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Paulmi16
My Cars:

Just an Idea folks

Post by Paulmi16 »

I'm not sure if what i'm going to say has been asked before, but is it possible for the peoples location to be a bit more specific than the country. I'm sure this would help when buying and selling items and offering advice and help to other members.
Paul.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

also people actually put a price on the things that they are trying to sell rather than "offers", i know that other forums say that you must put a price or they remove the post
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

thats very true,
Prices (at least ball park) should be attached, that way someone knows for sure if its in their price bracket, wastes no ones time and gets no ones hopes up needlessly. IMHO.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Point taken
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Ah, but the flip side to that is that when selling (fr'instance the BX) I may set a price of £250 as being what I would happily accept, but if someone "offers" me £300 then I have made! - on the other hand if they "offer" £200 I would (politely) say what I thought to be a fair minimum price and see if an agreement could be reached.
Either way, one has only to email and ask (as several did) and they would get a reply - I certainly never feel put out submitting an "offer" for something - got some right bargains that way.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Point noted again
rbruce1314
My Cars:

Post by rbruce1314 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Paulmi16</i>

but is it possible for the peoples location to be a bit more specific than the country.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Other forums allow you to put your location precisely: this one only seems to allow country. Unless I am missing something we are all stuck with it- or does someone out there know how to include region or county in the profile?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Nothing to stop you putting location in your advert as part of the text is there. Personally I can't see any point in being specific when I'm answering queries - after all where I live doesn't make any difference as to the enquirers problem does it but if I am selling I'm daft not to give some indication as to where the car is.
I'd have thought a bit of common sense was what was required - after all if someone doesn't state where a car is I'm probably going to assume its miles away and not show any interest in it - which is of course the vendor's loss.
As to stating a price - let me say that if a price is not stated I assume the vendor to be greedy and as a matter of principal will not enquire about the vehicle - Vendor's loss again.
Jeremy
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

people could always put their location into their signiture
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

Lets all just move to the same place and swap tools.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Finding where people are is a good idea, but I think I'm all alone up here in the North East, so it's not a lof of help to me. Some of the others might have other people local to them.
Lending tools is not a good idea, usually because it's my Dad who borrows them and he has a nasty habbit of hitting my open ended spanners with hammers and knocking the jaws off, then he complains that it never would have happened with one of his Britool BSW ones...
leonardo

Post by leonardo »

Also people who offer money on a thread shouldn't then disappear of the face of the earth ....
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

make your point and post the POST, dont hijack other posts to make a point
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

up yours son your just looking for an argument and it wont happen so have a dink and cone back when your sober.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

by any chance was a post deleted here or are we sharing this topic with Smeagol and Gollum?? [:D]