Xantia Mk 2 Reprogramming Help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

howiedean
My Cars:

Xantia Mk 2 Reprogramming Help

Post by howiedean »

Please can someone confirm the procedure for reprogramming a Mk2 Xantia key. The immobiliser works fine as it's only had a new board fitted. I've looked through previous posts and I can't seem to get it to work?
Regards
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

Please help[:(]
At this rate I'll be exchanging my Xantia with Marty hopkirk's BX and giving him £250!!!
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Marty's a friend of ours!
Jeremy
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the only way i have every heard of being able to program a mk2 xantia key or plip (RF type) is using the dealers diagnostic computer,you will also need the 4 digit transponder code & all the other keys & remotes must be present at the same time.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=14281 any help?
when i spoke to some guy about a new plip for my ZX he told me that if i got the number of the receiver and gave it to citroen they would be able to get me a new one for about £30
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

Cheers for that, I'll give Citroen a bell next week[:(]
Regards
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

I think you will find that the mark2 xantia requires different programme coding. And I think £30 is vero optomistic. You will need the original information supplied with car on coding I believe to do this job?
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

well it might be optomistic but i was only going by what the plip selling guy said. the price for a complete new receiver and plips i believe is about £80 from GSF which is a unit that just switch for the existing one.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

you can only order by number on certain IR type plips,the mk2 xantia uses an RF type which can only be coded (as far as im aware) with the dealers diagnostic computer,you should have a grey plastic credit card sized card with the the transponder code on it,it should be 4 digits long & can be a combination of letters & numbers,the code is under a small scratch off panel.you need this code to program keys & plips,if you dont have the code citroen will charge you aroun £15 to get it.
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

I've got the plastic card with the code on it so I should be OK. I'm not hopefull on a cheap reprogram if Citroen are involved!!! When I've had it done I'll let everyone know what they did.
Cheers
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

A quick update. £30 for my keys to be reprogrammed at Citroen in Grantham. They needed the Car and keys for 30 mins and there is a computer which is used for the reprog. I did'nt have chance to watch what they did though.
Regards