304 restoration

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

moomin

304 restoration

Post by moomin »

ive been thinking of buying a cheap peugeot 304 cabriolet and restoring it, i was just wondering how bigger and pricy job i could be getting into, ie, how much a new roof or getting the roof restored would be, any replies welcome here........
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

The mechanicals are basic and easy to work on, Dean Hunter www.peugeotparts.co.uk will have most of what you need in stock - at a price! Its good to make sure all the trim/chrome is complete and the hood frame is in good order, as these are hard to find. Panels for cabriolets are quite rare, but front wings are still on the LMC Hadrian catalogue. Your biggest challenge will be rust! Engines can be fragile but MK1 305 units I think go in quite well. Cost is a consideration, look at the price of a good one in the small ads first it might be cheaper to get one already done!!
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

I forgot to mention, Club Peugeot UK is having a rally at Kelmarsh Hall, Northants on Sun 17th July. Its a public event, and I'm sure there will be a few 304 Cabriolets to see. Perhaps an opportunity to talk to some real 304 Cabriolet experts!