URGENT!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

URGENT!!!!!

Post by mezuk04 »

Lost my car keys last night and dont have a bloody spare....does anyone know of a number where I can get into contact with Citroen and have them trace the key for my car....does anyone know how easy this is? a contact number? and the cost?
Regards
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

You'll probably need to go to the dealer with your V5 (and maybe some proof of address, depending on how picky they are!). They will be able to get the key number using the VIN, and either order or cut one to the code. Might take a few days though, so hope you don't need the car!
I got a spare key cut at Timpsons - cost a tenner though - always worth it for 'insurance' back up!
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Local dealer has taken the reg and is ringing me back, i assume thats all they need to know...if i cant get into the car by the end of today which is high unlikely i will have to be put on my mums fiesta for a week..oh god me sitting in a fessa...shame on me...i have brought shame upon my name....luckily its thursday and not the start of the week.
Im just hoping that they dont charge a fortune...surely they cant since its just a wee key, surely?
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Ok so they cant get me a key, but they can get me a lock set which is everything with 2 keys at £130.....does this sound silly money???
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

cant you just get mr AA or RAC to jimmy the lock open for you and then replace the set with one from GSF? just and idea[:)]
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Locking set from GSF is £70 so gonna order it after i ask at the pub one more time.....what would be cheaper.....jimmy'ing the lock or smashing a window (window cost us bout £5 from scrappies last time)
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

On Fords certainly (and i'm sure its the same with Citroens) one old trick is to pull a lock out and cut a key to the number on the lock - most key cutters will be able to do this, they should ask for proof its for your car. If you call out a locksmith he would be able to do this for you - it would probably cost about £70 but be quicker than waiting for the lockset.
I would pop a window - locks can and often do damage bodywork.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

We have found his keys. I marched him straight to a key cutting shop to get a spare.
peter mawer
My Cars:

Post by peter mawer »

I do like a happy ending, I thought this sort of thing only happened to me about 30 minutes before going on holiday!
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wilkobob</i>

We have found his keys. I marched him straight to a key cutting shop to get a spare.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
ImageImageImage
Tie a set around his neck.
Alan S[B)]
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Its mezuk04 here, yeah i thought id add a little bit more to wilkobob's message......he took them home with him last night and they appeared underneath his brake pedal this morning as he was on his way to mine....."we found his keys"....my arse we did