ZX ABS warning light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peyote

ZX ABS warning light

Post by Peyote »

Hi,
I recently got a P reg ZX turboD 1.9 estate (phew). The car is perfect, except that the ABS warning light is always on. I could say its intermittent, but of all the times I have driven it, only once has it not come on. It comes on a few seconds after you start it up, and stays on constantly until you turn off the ignition.
The brakes feel ok when you use them, although I have not tried to lock them yet.
I had a quick poke about the ABS box, and all the connections seem fine, they are clean and dry.
Is this a known fault, any suggestions?
cheers guys,
Peyote
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

It's not exactly common on the ZX, but then neither is ABS on the ZX[:D] (although I've got one!). Almost certianly one of the sensors has gone open circuit. If we knew the pin out of the socket you could check it at the computer, but I don't and I don't think we have discussed the ZX ABS here, but someone might know? You will probably need to go round and find the plugs for each of the sensors, unplug them and check the resistance - should be about 1kOhm, one (or more will be open circuit probably). Replace said sensor and the light should go out. If all turn out to be OK, then you might have to get the ECU read [8)]