xsara radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

moggy
My Cars:

xsara radio

Post by moggy »

my xsara radio stopped working the other day checked fuse in back of radio had blowed replace it but blew straight away could see that i think a capacity in radio had broken of so looking for a cd player now, went to halfords say i need a fascia adaptor from citroen to fit a aftermarket radio so i would prefer to fit a standard citroen cd player which will fit in without any mods dare not ring up citroen as cd player from them will be £££ any idea where i can get a cheaper or a used one from ? ,i have tried ebay only ones are from saxo or picasso thanks in advanced my xsara is on the s plate yr 98
jochem
My Cars:

Post by jochem »

Hi there,
I bought a used Xsara with only a radio cassette. Not owning any cassettes anymore, I looked on ebay and bought a used CD player from a Citroen Saxo which fitted into my Xsara and had all the same steering wheel controls etc. I then sold the radio cassette unit on ebay. I think if you search for something like "citroen xsara cd player" you just might get a result and save loads of money. I went to a Citroen main dealer who wanted almost £300 for a new unit! I eventually spent £50 (taking into account the money I sold my cassette player for).
Hope this helps!
jochem
jochem
My Cars:

Post by jochem »

I just had a look.....have a search under "citroen saxo cd player"...there are two on there right now![:)]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

You'll never find a Citroen facia adapter for the Xsara. Citroen stopped supplying them years back so they're like rocking horse poo. If you see Xsara facia's in Halfords you'll be disapointed as they only fit so as to push the head unit out from the dash and so flush with the dash and not recessed back. Save your money and hang out for a Xsara head unit with CD attachment. On both my old VTR's it cost me all in if memory serves me well £72. That's a new head unit, lead (£40 from Citroen) and multi changer all off E-bay. The problem is the curved facia that the Xsara has. You can line the inside edge of the original facia unit with grey draft excluder, it gives it that made to measure look when fitted with say a Sony head unit.