Desperately Seeking Spoodlers

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

My Cars:

Desperately Seeking Spoodlers

Post by 609 »

While restoring my trois cent neuf to etat neuf, I had to buy stop gap transport.
I would like to offload this as soon as possible, but it needs a bit of body allure to attract resale.
I have never previously owned a car with colour-coded bumpers and sills. Way too contemporary for me. But what do you do with this stuff? It ain't metal and it sort of scratches or scuffs white or discolours.
Any quick fix recommendations?
While on the subject, the old grey Peugeot bumpers and rubbing strips go white eventually. 'Back To Black' only tarts them up for a few weeks. Is there a better product?
TIA.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The lads over on the 205 GTi forums swear by a product they call "bumper snot" but I've never been able to get them to elucidate precisely what it is. The term is used so much that I reckon if you go to a shop that majors in making cars look good they'll know wht you're after. You're right, these "back to black" products are pretty useless and damm hard work for little effect. You might be better off shelling out for one of the Auto Glym products. They seem to have a generally good name.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Why not paint them? I had my bumpers and side rubbing strips done in black, and the bits under the bumpers done silver to match the rest of the car and it looks very nice...
I paid £90 altogether, but if you are handy with a spray can you could do it yourself...