XMV6 fuel & A/C relays and associated problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paulxmski
My Cars:

XMV6 fuel & A/C relays and associated problems

Post by Paulxmski »

Hi All,
First off thanks XM-V6 for reinforcing the message of cleaning the relays because that fixed the engine stall problem outlined in my previous post.[:D] The car is running well now until the A/C clutch is triggered. The revs don't seem to pick up as they should and then it stalls [:(] - Any ideas please [?]
Can anyone say whether the green boxed 25amp 12 volt relays in the box in front of the ecu are interchangeable [?]
On the XMV6SEI these are number 301 A30368 and on the V6SI 150 A30361.[V]
XM-V6
My Cars:

Post by XM-V6 »

Some more hints
By some models there is a electronic connection between the A/C and ecu, so the latest can anticipate on the extra power demand.
Also check the AIC valve for dirt/grease inside, clean out with some WD-40
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Hi Willy,
Thanks a lot for the tips. I couldn't find an order form at that Facet site although it is very comprehensive since I would like to replace a few components and it's getting difficult to source them here. Where does the A/C valve live - is it easy to get at without needing to re-gas because It's probably running on R21? not the new gas and I don't think they would re-gas it [?] Can anything be done about the failure of the ECU to respond to the A/C demand, e.g is there a component on the circuit board that can be changed or something like that [?]
XM-V6
My Cars:

Post by XM-V6 »

Sorry but i mean the idle control valve it looks like the example on included link www.swedishwrench.com/fuelidentifer.htm and is somewhere between the air filter and throttle body
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Ah yes thanks Willy I will have a look at that since I need to do an oil change and replace the air filter.
XM-V6
My Cars:

Post by XM-V6 »

Hi folks
lots of original XM in PDF here:
microfiches http://pepon1.free.fr/CITROEN%20XM_fich ... ALOGUE.htm
the link is french, but the fiches are in english with OEM numbers etc, also LH drive types.