faulty seat height adjuster

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tanto
My Cars:

faulty seat height adjuster

Post by tanto »

hi folks
the seat height adjuster on my 96 xantia does not work it will not hold the set height when anyone sits in the seat it returns to lowest position anyone know how to correct this fault
andylal
My Cars:

Post by andylal »

I had a similar problem on mine, there are a couple of torx pins in the height adjusting mechanism these hold it to the seat frame, both of these had fell out, luckily i found one of them on the floor under the seat, after removing the plastic trim from around the mechanism it was just a matter of aligning it all back up and re-fitting the screw, luckily the one i found appeared to be enough to re-secure it again and the height lever worked perfectly.
tanto
My Cars:

Post by tanto »

thanks for the info
time to go searching under the seat then i guess hopfully i can find the pins and refit them
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

They're just M4 machine screws, so not the end of the world if you can't find them, but they're usually there under the seat! Takes a bit of figuring out how to get it back together though...
PeterMann
My Cars:

Post by PeterMann »

On my '94 Xantia, the Friction Set mechanism just let go. I fixed it at my preferred height by running a tekscrew through the articulation plates on both sides. Locked it solid. Removed useless lever gadget and cut off the splined shaft with an angle grinder. I really has poked me in the leg for the last time.