BX front height corrector

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ian Fearn
My Cars:

BX front height corrector

Post by Ian Fearn »

I've posted this issue on here a few times and am only just getting round to fixing it!
To re-cap my BX front end jumps when raising from low but once it gets past just below normal ride height its ok again rasising to full. It sticks at the same position on the way down again
Its got new struts which i've lubed today via the return pipe method. Spheres are pretty new too.
I'm moving onto the height corrector now but it looks an absolute pig to change due to access. Any ideas?
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

My money is the struts, keep doing the lub via the returns once a week and see if that improves the movement. If the struts are new they could have been sitting on a shelf for a few years and dried out. My BX was a sticker when I bought it and I've done the strut lub a few times now and it improves every time.
Ian Fearn
My Cars:

Post by Ian Fearn »

I'll try it again tommorrow night with some more LHM. I did each strut up and down about 4 times and its not made the slightest bit of difference.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Strange. Mine take about half a cupful per strut and it improves straight away. Try some grease on the top of the strut too where the shiney rod enters the main body.
Ian Fearn
My Cars:

Post by Ian Fearn »

I must admit though the struts did take in a little LHM.
I'm at my wits end with this. Its incredibly irriating and potentially damaging putting the system under such pressure.
I really want to change the height corrector now as i've got one and want to discount it but like i said before access it a nightmare.
Do you have any advice?