Should it still rise on lowest setting?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tonyb1
My Cars:

Should it still rise on lowest setting?

Post by tonyb1 »

Doing my monthly citearobics today, the back wouldn't go up to the highest position [:(] although it rises to normal height ok when I first start the car. I then set it to the lowest, it lowered nicely. I then sat on the boot and it raised to normal height? Should it do this whilst on the lowest setting? I've also noticed that the LHM level indicator is on the bottom of the dome when set to max height, below the two markers. The ticking is at about 30 sec intervals. I had all spheres regassed last August. I've searched the forum and have several possibilities, too many really. [:I] Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tonyb1</i>
I've also noticed that the LHM level indicator is on the bottom of the dome when set to max height, below the two markers. .
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The yellow marker should be between the two red lines with the suspension on high.
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

I know John, but I don't know why it isn't.
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

No,it should not rise when on the lowest setting. I would add another half litre of LHM, turn your wheel in opposite locks numerous times whilst in the lowest position and have the car go to full height several times. All this does is to put pressure on the system to flush through all the fluid. if that works its time for a good flush through. Basic stuff perhaps Tony but worth a try?
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

Thanks John, I'll do that now, I have a litre of LHM in the shed, basic stuff is about my level so it is much appreciated. Tony.
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

Ok, just over half a litre of LHM in and above suggestion followed. Observations :- The LHM indicator is now stuck at the top - on looking inside the LHM reservoir, there's about four inches gap between the top of the tank and the actual level of LHM. The back will go to full height but only if I set to minimum height and sit on the boot??? The front goes like a dream. Any further suggestions would be appreciated. Tony
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

untill you get rear right up you cant check fluid level,by the way is this a xant regards malcolm