BX interior lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rob Marshall

BX interior lights

Post by Rob Marshall »

HI Lads!
Wonder if anyone could help: the TZD interior lights on the B post have stopped working. They come on when you activate the switches on the lights themselves, but nothing when you open or close (or lock) the doors. I suspect the timer unit. Where abouts is it?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Do you have a timer? My DTR Turbo does not. The most likely cause is the failure of the switches in the door hinge face. New ones cost about £1.50 from GSF and can be tested by removing one (one screw) and earthing the connection to the bodywork.
Does the lights on buzzer work? Put sidelights on and open the door -?
Jeremy
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Mine has the same problem, I think its a legacy of an old alarm system, if you discover the cure please post it here.
Stewart
BX-Basis
My Cars:

Post by BX-Basis »

I don't think that all 4 switches don't work, so it's most likely the timer that doesn't work. Once you have found it (on a LHD it's between the 2 glove boxes, don't ask me where the hell they put it on a RHD), just pull the connector out and connect pins 4 and 5. If the lights work, the timer is blown.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

first thing to do is remove one door switch,mind you dont loose the wire in the piller,clean contact surfaces with fine wet/dry smere with greas replace switch,dont go getting all complicated first leeve that till all elss fails regards malcolm
Rob Marshall

Post by Rob Marshall »

Does anyone know where the timer unit lives on a RHD version?
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I have a suspect brown connector with (from memory) green and brown wires above and behind the glove box, mine has nothing on the end of it??
Stewart
Rob Marshall

Post by Rob Marshall »

Fixed it! Took glovebox out: the blighter lives above the glovebox on the RHS.
The plug had come out. Put back in, and I can see! Cheers guys!
R