STOP!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ezee_duzit
My Cars:

STOP!

Post by ezee_duzit »

Last problem.....
Another on going problem, the STOP light keep coming on by itself, its permanent now and comes on when the car is not even touching 80 degrees. I notice that when the car is running the low speed cooling fan is on and when the car is turned off the high speed fan kicks in and stays on for some time. I've had a diagnostic but they can't seem to find the fault and everytime it come on I go to take it to a garage to get them to check it out but it always seems to stop doing it.
Could it be low coolant levels? Also the temp sender unit has been suggested but all seem fine when tested. The car has a/c by the way.
Cheers
EZ
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
STOP light on & cooling fan running points to the BROWN temperature sensor or the connection to it.
Check the terminals in the plug are nice & clean & making good contact, If not then its a new BROWN sensor, About £13 from Peugeot.
You said you have aircon, The Brown sensor works the Bitron control unit.
The Bitron control unit looks after the aircon, cooling fans & the high temperature & STOP warning light.
The Bitron control unit hardly ever fails & anyway theres plenty in the scrapyard if it turns out to not to be the sensor.