cooling fan problem.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fourfive

cooling fan problem.....

Post by fourfive »

Have a Xantia 1.9 TD with climate control , P reg. Problem is the cooling fans do not operate. Have determined that there is considerable dismantling to obtain access to the rads , fans etc !! So , to avoid unecessary work are there any common faults I can look for ? I have tried a variable pot on the sensor plug (engine end) and I can hear relays clicking on the fan mounting and in the relay box in the engine bay , but , no fans. I think the sensor is ok , but can ne1 tell me the correct resistance readings cold/hot ? Ne help would be greatly appreciated. Cheeers in advance [:)]
fourfive

Post by fourfive »

ALSO , can ne1 help with a wiring diagram so that I can at least fault find with some notion of purpose !! There r too many relays , control boxes (Citroen favourite !! ) etc to know what I'm doing otherwise. Cheers again.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Search the website www.peugeotlogic.com and you will find the diagram you are after. Its listed as being for the Pug 306 but is the same as a Xantia.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

2 large 40Amp fuses under covers mounted to inside of passenger side guard near fuse/relay box.
If the fuse closest to the front of the car is blown, the fans will never spin.
See 'Xantia fans spinning flat out' topic of 15 May.
Applies to Xantia SX 2.0 8 valve petrol.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you can if needbe remove fans through front grill,you first undo screw in centre of fan which is left hand thread,then you can just about get to 10mm nuts and bolts that hold motor in place regards malcolm