debris coming from airvent

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shabbir

debris coming from airvent

Post by shabbir »

Hi all,
I am finding that debris is coming into the car via the windscreen air vent. My front dash gets filthy very quickly, with small leaves and dead insects coming through. It is a 93 xantia. How do I fix this problem?
Thanks in advance
tanto
My Cars:

Post by tanto »

hi shabbir
if yours is a model fitted with a pollen filter you may find that the pollen filter is missing allowing all the debris from outside to get all over the dash you will need to check if the pollen filter is in place it should be sited under the passenger side of the dashboard
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

My '94 has no pollen filter so it gets this debris too. There wasn't anything that I could see to do about it either.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The inlet is down below the N/S wiper, look under the grill and remove any debris.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Best thing to do is to duct tape a suitably sized engine air filter to the inlet beow the wipers, i did this on my 95 XM and it worked perfectly for about 30,000 miles
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I had this problem, on my first Xantia the vent below the wiper got full of leaves which blocked the drain so I had to clean it out. After I'd cleaned it out, the leaves found their way back in so I regularly cleaned it out but even with regular cleaning bits of leaves found their way in and through. Definately annoying.
I couldn't really see anywhere suitable to fit a filter, I had thought that a pair of tights would make a good filter but couldn't really see anywhere where it would nicely fit.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

There isnt anywhere suitable, you just build the duct tape up until you get an airtight seal, i used about half a roll of the stuff i recon, and it was just taped to the metalwork around the inlet