94 vsx xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cheshire61
My Cars:

94 vsx xantia

Post by cheshire61 »

The front foglamps seem to work when they like have replaced fuse,switch,bulbs,tested earth. now given up also any ideas on programing 2 new remotes i have aquired for the alarm/ central locking
thankyou[8D]
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

To programme....put a key in the ignition,(you may have to take a key out of one of the fobs) turn on to the first position, press the button nearestthe key repeatedly at the receiver above the rear view mirror, do the same with the second plip. Turn off the ignition, remove the key, open and close the door and nor try each plip. Any problems get back to me again.
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

This is from another post....My experiance with plips is the earlyier infrared plips. You can programme two plips in at the same time as i have done it. If u have 2 plips to programme you need to press them both at the same time at the receiver unit on the ceiling. Also the ignition needs to b on at the same time ,so if you have 2 plips u need to remove the blade (key part) from one of the plips to turn the ignition on. The blade is removed by removing the rivet thing in the plip. Its just pushed together.These are pence at a citroen dealer to replace.(Or get another key cut)
With ignition on and both plips pressed against the receiver keep pressing the plips for about half a minute. You may need several goes at it but it worked for me.
I hope this helps...are you sure both plips are working OK by programming them sepereratly?
cheshire61
My Cars:

Post by cheshire61 »

John,
yes both plips worked its just that everytime i programed one the other stoped working will try again tommorrow just happen to have 3 keys for the car will let you know what happens
thanks for all the help
Ray
cheshire61
cheshire61
My Cars:

Post by cheshire61 »

John,
tryed them today and yes they both programed in
many thanks for all your help overjoyed
thankyou
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Thanks. Hopefully this will be archived for future use by other members!
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JohnT</i>

Thanks. Hopefully this will be archived for future use by other members!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<center><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">DONE!!</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></center>
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=14281
Alan S
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

On a diff note to Cheshire61, are the fella you emailed me about a headlight cover? Just noticed the similar user names?
Adam.
cheshire61
My Cars:

Post by cheshire61 »

yes i am that fella small world
dan_the_v8man
My Cars:

Post by dan_the_v8man »

just programmed one my self, took a few attempts though
Dec 94 Xantia LX 1.9 TD 116k - My first car :D