xantia alarm and remote problem ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pete@co.uk
My Cars:

xantia alarm and remote problem ?

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi guys
Anyone know about the alarm and remote system on my xantia well whats happening is that when you turn the alarm on under the bonnet it just makes a continue,s screeching sound till you turn the key back off also remote central locking does not work although it does work with the key in the door locks and ive put new battery,s in the plip any ideas guys and where in the car is the alarm module or ecu
pete..........
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The alarm ECU is right under the N/S seat runner, you will have to remove the passenger seat to gain access. These ECU's cost around £150 new and aren't that reliable so it may be easier to just disconnect it.
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Had this problem a number of times. If the remote plip does not work and the door is unlocked with a key it goes in to a default mode,,,alarm goes off. That is why there is an isolation switch you have already found. Get yourself a working plip, programme it as I have detailed in todays post, and then switch the alarm back on and all should be well.
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Pete....I assume you have found the isolation switch???
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi John & Richard
Thanks for your reply my pc,s been out of action for a week now so i hav,nt been able to respond. well i think the isolation switch is under the bonnet if im not mistaken anyway its when i switch that on i get that noise its like a screech not a normal alarm sound. also ive only one plip for my car and the light comes on ok when i press the buttons on it ive put new batterys in it so i was thinking id switch the ign on then press the buttons while the keys in the ign and hope for the best what do think. and thanks Richard ill look for the ecu if needs replacing id like to have all this working properly
pete.....................
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Can I suggest you start out afresh by reprogramming your plip?
You need to have one key in the ignition but only turned to the first position, not the full position. Point the plip very closely at the receiver above the rear view mirror a number of times with the button nearest to the key. Turn off ignition, remove key, open and close door. Now try the plip. It should work so then reset the alarm under the bonnet.
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

Thanks John
Looks like ill have to get a spare key to try that as i only have one and thats the one with the plip (only had one key with the car) and is that right you can only get the spare keys from citroen?
pete..............
RobL
My Cars:

Post by RobL »

It's easy enough to just slide the works out from your plip and use it 'naked', allowing you to use the key in the ignition.
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

Thanks RobL
Never thought of that ill give it a go tomorrow and let you know how i get on
pete...................
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Pete....if the problem continues come back to me?
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi John
Thanks John i will
pete.................
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

Hi John
Well ive tried that with the key turned it on and used the blip(naked) and nothing happend had a look at the reciver unit in the roof and that all looks in order and the light is flashing on the blip when i press it so thats working ok the only thing is when i turn on the isolater switch under the bonnet the alarm sounds non stop till i turn it off any ideas john
pete........................
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Pete... can I just ask if your key is in the 'B' position not the full on position when you do the firing at the receiver bit?
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

Hi John
Yes it was on the b position but nothing happend
pete.......................
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

OK.... will come back to you.