fitting remote central door locking to 406DT

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ramon
My Cars:

fitting remote central door locking to 406DT

Post by ramon »

Having just fitted a Microscan SCL300 remote locking controller to my P reg 406DT, I thought the following info may be of use to someone else. My car already had central locking operated by a key so it was only the remote bit that I added.The central locking control unit is located behind the glove box, by removing the 2 push out hinge pins of the glove box door you can remove the glove box which reveals a black panel, unscrew this and you can see the control unit. It also helps if you remove the cover above the passenger footwell. The central locking controller is a box about 4 inches by 3 inches and has 2 13 pin plugs connected to it ( the box on mine is marked "Kiekert AG 4050 5440 000 Antiscanning") The white plug is connected to the electric windows, the black plug is the central locking. At one end of the black plug there is a single brown wire and a single orange wire. If the brown wire is taken to chassis ground then all doors will unlock, likewise with the orange wire taken to ground then all doors wil lock. Note that normal central locking operation only takes these to ground momentarily so it is probably not best to fit anything that would hold them to ground for a long period. Good Luck. Ramon
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

You can use to pink wire from the scl300 to flash the side lights by wiring it to the side light curcuit. To get the indicators to flash you'll need to fit 2, 3Amp diodes in to the indicator curcuit to stop all the indicators flashing when you turn corners. So you'll end up with,
pink wire - 2, 3Amp diodes one to the left hand side and one to the right hand side.