ZX Headlamp Mount

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

ZX Headlamp Mount

Post by RichardW »

I need to fit a new headlamp mount to the driver's side of the ZX - the one at bottom inside corner of the lamp (been having a discussion with Al at http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=13883 who is hopefully going to provide a spare). Unfortunately the lock ring on the back of the mount is right behind the rad expansion tank, so it looks like either the rad will have to come out, or the bumper off and the slam panel pulled forward to get it out [:0] ... unless anybody's done one and got a better idea???
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Can't you get at the outer plastic ring on the mounting with a long screwdriver, from behind teh headlamp unit (but in front of the slam panel)? On my daughters ('94)ZX this bayonett fitting can be nudged round about a 1/4 turn with a long screwdriver and then releases this mounting point.
//NiSk
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if you just ha ha realise rad from top clips you can just about get to it,i made a tool pice of thin rod like wire coat hanger,bend it into an arch if you have a locking ring you can gage the distance between pins there are two holes in back face of ring,put tool in these then you can turn tool by putting long screw driver through arch regards malcolm