C6 video

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

C6 video

Post by paranoid »

New c6 video off sky news motoring.
http://www.sky.com/skynews/xml/article/ ... 51,00.html
BMW
My Cars:

Post by BMW »

Does anyone know if c6 will have a sc.car system?
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BMW</i>

Does anyone know if c6 will have a sc.car system?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Or for that matter, a return to high pressure brakes...instead of the conventional system on the C5 ?
Regards,
Simon
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

The C6 contains the suspension of the 407 with the springs swapped for spheres, so I doubt they will redesign the steering or brakes for economy reasons.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

The C5 has "normal" brakes anyway, so I very much doubt that the C6 will get anything any different. The 407 is the same floorpan as the C5, so the C5 and C6 are pretty close brethren.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Vaguely related, I was watching some music channel the other day and Natalie Imburglias latest song was on Shiver, and at the start shes thrashing around in a Citroen, pardon my ignorance, think it was a GS as it looked bigger than a CX? :) Anyway was quite funny but then she eventually crashed it down a flight of steps!
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

As speculated on another site a few weeks ago (it wasmentioned here), i don't see Citroën returning to mechanical pumps.
http://www.citroen-ds-id.com/index.html ... nsion.html
but fro mthis site, i'm with the site's owner/writer, in that the 2 large central spheres could be used for an all independant Activa/HA hybrid suspension, with each strut/ram acting separately for body movement (roll/pitch), while maintaining high comfort levels. No need for a HA with 3 modes (soft, medium and hard) in my point of view.
One problem i see now, is the use of an electric pump. Can it cope with the high demands for hidraulic fluid? If so, it will probably need to work permanantely in more adverse conditions, with the need for a brushless type of motor for a longer lifespan, unlike the C5 pump, which only works when there is a need for height correction (dynamic/static), although i don't know the electric motor type it uses.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Have the high pressure brakes been "outlawed" in the latest C and R regs on account that there is no mechanical actuation in case of engine failure like there is on conventional servo assisted brakes? I know the accumulator sphere holds a reserve but this is finite, unlike a back-up mechanical system...
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

your hand break is the mecanical componant of breaks this is what that section means i was told (by and MOT tester).
Andy
danielsydney
My Cars:

Post by danielsydney »

great video i love the C6....
BMW
My Cars:

Post by BMW »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The C6 contains the suspension of the 407 with the springs swapped for spheres<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
This is bad news... The 407 suspension is not a very good one, if compared with a Xantia Activa or a BMW suspension.
Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

It's a double wishbone setup, which is definately better than machpherson struts and trailing arms. If it had active anti-roll bars it would be even better still. BMW use complex multi link set ups with very stiff springs, they aren't exactly comfortable and they benefit from rear wheel drive too.
BMW
My Cars:

Post by BMW »

BMW has many suspensions, according to model and sub-model.
Entry levels have cheap suspensions.
In what respects to comfort, the Xantia Activa is half-way between my family two BMWs.
The 740i suspension is far more comfortable than the Xantia Activa but the Activa has better handling.
The Activa is more comfortable than the 330i but the 330i is much more fun to drive - direct steering, sensations, and a spectacular stability at speeds between 150 and 250km/h.
I've tried non-Activa Xantias and the suspension is really dangerous - they have wheels but on corners they balance as a boat... [:D]
I only have the Xantia Activa because it has no market value. I prefer to use it as a spare car than to give it away. Unlike BMWs, used Citroens in my country have very little value. A really bad investment for those who buy them new.
Saludos.
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Doesn't the BMW 740 use some sort of air suspension, or is it conventionally steel sprung? I know this is slightly off topic, but a comparison of air Vs hydro systems could be apoint of discussion.
I expect the 740 rides better due to the HUGE wheelbase it has.
Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

I think Mr Clarkson had said that air suspension ruined the ride of several cars that had it (Jaguar Mercedes etc) and steel was the way to go for comfort. Obviously he hasn't heard about Citroens...