elsbett.com svo conversion

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

c.morewood
Donor 2023
My Cars: '00 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 65K "W"
'99 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 310K SORN "V"
'98 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate 150K Sold "T"

elsbett.com svo conversion

Post by c.morewood »

I was just wondering if any members of the forum have had any dealing with Elsbett in Germany. I have had a quote for a conversion kit but would like to have some feedback on quality, problems.. anything really.
Thanks
Chris
caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

if you are considering an elsbett system also consider a smartveg system. based in the south supposed to be the dogs danglies and definatly on my shopping list of things to buy when i become a little more flush.
c.morewood
Donor 2023

Post by c.morewood »

Do you have a contact Caveman? I'm just exploring options at the moment I had a look and quote from Dieselveg.com but they won't have the kit for the Hdi till later on in the summer.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

How much are we talking for one of these kits? How do you go on for the possible pump problems that I recall someone mentioning on here?
Cheers
Paul
c.morewood
Donor 2023

Post by c.morewood »

1090 euro from www.elsbett.com .. but you'll need to contact them directly for a bespoke quote and about £625 from www.Dieselveg.co.uk but they won't have kits in till later in the summer for the Hdi. Dieselveg also have a calculator to enable you to work out how long it'll take for you to recover the cost of the installation.
caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

http://www.futuretecfuels.com/ is smartvegs website but i think you can only buy it from http://www.biotuning.co.uk/Smartveg.htm at the moment.
But i may be wrong and frequently am.
c.morewood
Donor 2023

Post by c.morewood »

Thanks Caveman, They seem to be a lot cheaper than the other two options.. certainly worth investigating.
Cheers,
Chris
rpaco
My Cars:

Post by rpaco »

well talking to my supplier of V100 the week before last, the dual fuel option is being outlawed by HMCE. Apparently any fuel used must be a direct substitute for diesel. Having to start on diesel means it is not a direct substitute (apparently)
V100 is modified recycled waste veg oil (basically chip fat) which is made and sold by a chain of HMCE registered producers. It is duty and VAT paid. It is now 100% veggie (whereas originally a non bio thinner was used a more expensive bio one (Petentine or pure turpentine) now has to be used.
I suggest you look at the list of agents plus there is a lot of info http://www.bio-power.co.uk/agents.htm
This fuel is carbon neutral, and continuously replaceable. My last lot cost 70p/litre 2 weeks ago.
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Apparently the newer 'regulations' (and I use the word very loosely as HM Revenue & Customs aren't good at interpreting their own regulations in this area) allow for mixing fuels now. You pay the revenue on each of the mixed parts separately. So you can now buy diesel as normal and mix in SVO at the reduced rate. Previously if a fuel was mixed you had to pay the highest constituent rate on all parts.
Check out HMRC web site and read Business Brief BB 10/05 – "What does 'diesel quality fuel' mean? 'Diesel quality fuel' means that the product must be capable of being used for the same purposes as ordinary diesel. This means that it will run, in a blend, an engine that would normally run on diesel. This does not mean that the 'biofuel' must be able to run the engine exclusively. Most vehicles require a blend of biodiesel (approx 5 per cent) and ordinary diesel (approx 95 per cent) to meet manufacturers’ specifications. Where a vehicle has a dual tank, one containing diesel and the other a biofuel product and the engine needs to be started using diesel, before switching to the biofuel product then the product in the second tank must still meet all the conditions of the fiscal definition. If it does not meet all these conditions then the fuel in that second tank will be considered to be a fuel substitute."