Xantia heated electric W. mirror glass only ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sbraud
My Cars:

Xantia heated electric W. mirror glass only ?

Post by sbraud »

Guys,
Anyone know if there is a supplier, who delivers in the UK, for heated electric wing mirror glass for a Xantia? I’m aware our hosts GSF can supply a complete wing mirror unit but I don’t think they sell replacement heated glass! (correct me if I’m wrong)
The glass comes off real easy by undoing the two clips at the back and is a 5 minute job and I don’t need another OS Wing mirror unit.
Had a mirror-2-mirror tussle with a racing lady driver in a BMW mini who thought the white line in the middle didn’t apply to her and lost !
Cheers
Steve
Last edited by sbraud on 26 Aug 2006, 07:15, edited 1 time in total.
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Hi...Main dealer part and is around £15, they do need chassis number for this...to order.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Steve, I've got one you can have for a fiver + £2 P + P.
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Tell me, when you put your Xantia into reverse does the N/S mirror glass tip down towards the kerb? In the Xantia owners handbook it says it should but I cant seem to get mine to move down when you engage reverse?
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

P.S Halfords use to sell replacement mirror glass, and you could get ones with a slight convex curve to allow you to see more of the road. May be worth checking it out. Hope this helps.
tanto
My Cars:

Post by tanto »

mine dosent dip down either must only be on certain models
as for the mirror glass why not try your local scrappy they are easily removed or go for a new one from halfords you should be able to find one that will stick onto the original plastic backing from yours
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

To get the N/S mirror tilting down when reversing (indexable) only came as part of a package with electric seat adjustment.
Its not something which can be retro fitted either as it requires another ecu (£150+) which sits in the N/S door and has the most incredable loom you have ever seen to merely adjust a mirror.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I got a glass from the dealer last year for about £15 as said.Easy to do as you said sbraud.
Mine hasn`t got electric seats,so explains why the mirror wont index.Doesn`t say that in the manual though!Thanks for that Richard.Gave up trying to sort it years ago,
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Bloody PSA literature, now I know why the mirror wont tip (I spent about 2 hours having a go to get it to move down - how sad). Thanks all the same
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Would be a very usefull feature for reverse parking agaist curbs.I had 2 brand new Rover 200`s in 1999.A very good feature on those was if you had the front wipers on,on any setting,when you selected reverse,the rear wiper would automaticly.Very handy.Missed that alot when i got the Xantia.
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

The old Ford Granada use to have the rear wiper that you mention and mirror "auto" adjust - something I really miss on the Xantia, but I dont miss the fuel bill, at best it was 22 M.P.G from the old 2.9 v6.
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

Thanks guys,
I'll check out my local friendly Citroen dealer to get a quote for mirror glass soon. Although I have to say my nearest, Crayford Motors, are of the `stand-and-deliver’ brigade. All I can say is, at least Dick Turpin has the decency to wear a mask! [:D]
Cheers Richard, sold !
Steve